2nd Pres Kindergarten offers both morning and all day sessions. In addition to fostering intellectual curiosity and academic growth, we partner with families to build character and moral consciousness in your child. We strive to provide a well-rounded and balanced curriculum in a child-centered and developmentally appropriate atmosphere, with a healthy balance of work and play. We recognize that children are born with a curiosity about the world around them. We know that the best way for young children to learn about their world is through discovery, inquiry, experience, reflection, and expression. Each child has their own unique learning style; we get to know each student and provide learning opportunities that will engage all styles of learning.
Our unique, individualized curriculum is grounded in evidence-based practice and meets and exceeds the criteria of common core standards.
We use a multi-sensory approach to reading and writing.
Our curriculum includes:
- Orton Gillingham
- Everyday Math
- Developmental Writing Program
- Scholastic Science Spin
- Social Studies
- Social Thinking and Mindfulness
- Expanded Expression for Oral and Written Language
The 2nd Pres Experience
- We are ready for your child! We meet every child where they are in their developmental journey.
- The classroom is filled with excitement and vibrancy as children actively participate with their learning environment.
- Kindergarteners are busy with many hands-on materials that encourage them to think and explore.
- A low teacher/child ratio. Teachers are engaged in conversation with children involved at play or during activities, or they are seen observing individuals or group play.
- A “new and fresh” curriculum is created yearly based on the range of each child’s capabilities and interests. Learning tools circulate constantly with new items being introduced.