Music and Movement
Our music and movement classes promote a life-long love and appreciation of music. Children discover music and instruments of all different genres from around the world, where children explore their responses to rhythm with movement.
In each classroom and in our Reggio-inspired atelier (art studio) we facilitate children’s expression in any of the Reggio Emilia “hundred languages” that can unfold in a hundred ways. Our Studio strives to integrate the spirit of collaboration, an attitude of exploration and discovery, strongly shared values and self-expression.
The care and attention we pay to organizing space outdoors stimulates children’s imagination, creativity, exploration, discovery, engagement and sense of wonder. Our playground is currently under construction as we move away from manufactured equipment to more natural, open-ended materials. The construction has been broken down into two phases:
- Infants: Mound created with a built in slide
- Toddler: Installed new fencing, a sand pit, belly swing and a new storage shed.
- 2s/3s: Installed new fencing. Created a music wall with a stained glass pergola, whale and steel drums, mongo stonaphone, pipe drums, gongs, thunder wall, and chimes. Installed a wooden exploration deck.
- 4s/K: Created Adventure Alley with “Mammoth Cave”.
- Infants: Water Splash Play
- Toddler: Toddler Water Troughs, Sand Log, and a Mud and Water Play Deck.
- 2s/3s: New tricycle track and garages. A Dirt, Mud, Sand Maker Space and a Lake and Splash Creek.
- 4s/K: Amaze ‘N Mess STEAM Lab, and the “Belle of Louisville” Water Experimentation Station, Tinker Tables and loose parts storage units, along with the Pebble Pouring Station.